Therapists for Single Payer invites you to show your support for Universal Healthcare
Featuring music by the great Tito y su Son de Cuba
What: Benefit Dance and Awards Ceremony (plus poker tournament in the back!)
When: Sunday, November 22 at 5:30 pm (music starts at 6 pm)
Where: Ashkenaz, 1317 San Pablo Avenue, Berkeley
Advance tickets: http://www.ashkenaz.com/index.
Single Payer Activist (SPA) Awards will be presented to:
- Union Activist: Carl Finamore (IAMAW and SF Labor Council)
- Therapist Activist: Esther Wanning (Marin HCA)
- Community Activist: Margot Smith (documentarian)
- National Activist: Bernie Sanders (via video)
- Political Activist: Dave Jones (CA Insurance commissioner)
$20 General Admission / $15 for Students / $50 for Seat at the Poker Table (free admission)
Poker gift card awards of $250, $200, and $150
Therapists for Single Payer (TSP) is a group of mental health professionals organizing throughout the state and committed to the implementation of a Single Payer – universal healthcare system in California. We are hosting this benefit dance to raise awareness and funds to continue this work.